Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Davgta10 on 28 Oct 2017
  • Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read my post

Looking for experencied help with a custom build I';m struggling to finish.....preferably at my home but ultimatley anywhere in the UK. Willing to pay for thier time/traveling.

Started the project over 2 years with the following spec.

1x    Tarot T810 hexacoptor frame
    1 x   DJI Naza-M V2 Multirotor Gyro System w/ GPS 
    1 x   Futaba T10J + R3008SB 8-Ch 2.4Ghz T-FHSS Radio System
    6 x   Hobbywing Platinum 30A-OPTO Pro ESC (B Type)
    6 x   Tarot 4114 High Power Brushless Motor (320kv Orange)
    3 x   Storm Self-Tightening Propeller Mount
    3 x   Storm 1555 Carbon Propellers (Two Holes / CW and CCW)

I';ve made abit of progress but get bogged down making design decisions as I have limited multirotor experience. For example placing the esc';s internally of externally on the frame....must of read 100';s of forum threads and I';m still not sure which is best but in the end I went with external.
    I recognise that some with disagree with the spec I';ve choosen and also that it may be obsolete by now but I';m not looking to spend any more on hardware at this point.

Anytakers???
  • #2 by ched999uk on 29 Oct 2017
  • What are you having problems with? I am sure there are enough people here to help you get it built.
    Post some picys and what your issues are.
  • #3 by Doug on 29 Oct 2017
  • Also where in the east midlands may help get you a response (Try adding your location to the Members map as well)

Doug
  • #4 by GdLookinMingeR on 29 Oct 2017
  • Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read my post

Looking for experencied help with a custom build I';m struggling to finish.....preferably at my home but ultimatley anywhere in the UK. Willing to pay for thier time/traveling.

Started the project over 2 years with the following spec.

1x    Tarot T810 hexacoptor frame
    1 x   DJI Naza-M V2 Multirotor Gyro System w/ GPS 
    1 x   Futaba T10J + R3008SB 8-Ch 2.4Ghz T-FHSS Radio System
    6 x   Hobbywing Platinum 30A-OPTO Pro ESC (B Type)
    6 x   Tarot 4114 High Power Brushless Motor (320kv Orange)
    3 x   Storm Self-Tightening Propeller Mount
    3 x   Storm 1555 Carbon Propellers (Two Holes / CW and CCW)

I';ve made abit of progress but get bogged down making design decisions as I have limited multirotor experience. For example placing the esc';s internally of externally on the frame....must of read 100';s of forum threads and I';m still not sure which is best but in the end I went with external.
    I recognise that some with disagree with the spec I';ve choosen and also that it may be obsolete by now but I';m not looking to spend any more on hardware at this point.

Anytakers???
    Im in MK if thats any help?
  • #5 by Davgta10 on 31 Oct 2017
  • Sorry for the late reply.....been away for afew days with work which is kinda one of the reasons why I'm here in the first place lol.

Thanks for the replies....much appreciated.

Sorry of the brief replies....

1. I'm not far from Nottingham...5 mins from junction 26 on the M1.

2. I'll get some pics up soon..

3. GdLookinMingeR.....please excuse my limited knowledge of this forum and its members.....have you built hexacoptors before? Do you have experience with all the parts I've choosen?

Thanks

David

• #6 by GdLookinMingeR on 31 Oct 2017
  • Sorry for the late reply.....been away for afew days with work which is kinda one of the reasons why I'm here in the first place lol.

Thanks for the replies....much appreciated.

Sorry of the brief replies....

1. I'm not far from Nottingham...5 mins from junction 26 on the M1.

2. I'll get some pics up soon..

3. GdLookinMingeR.....please excuse my limited knowledge of this forum and its members.....have you built hexacoptors before? Do you have experience with all the parts I've choosen?

Thanks

David
    No problem and the answer is yes I do have experience in all builds from micro to Octo and have used the Futaba TX RX before.
    Hope that helps  :smiley:
  • #7 by Davgta10 on 01 Nov 2017
  • No problem and the answer is yes I do have experience in all builds from micro to Octo and have used the Futaba TX RX before.
    Hope that helps  :smiley:

Looks like I've found the right person then :)....have you ever done this before?..... I mean help someone with a build? Any idea on your hourly rate? As mentioned I'm near Nottingham is that OK to travel to. I don't really have problem coming to you ( your in MK right?) its just I have things layed out on a table ready..the thought of having to pack it all up isn't appealling lol

I'd be looking for weekends only please??

• #8 by Two-Six on 01 Nov 2017
  • I have been following the progress of this one.  I notice the distinct lack of replies.  This is because its a strange request, especially for a first post here. 

Why?

I hate to miff-up any chance gdlookinminger has of making a few bucks and I must say I was a little tempted to offer to have a go but honestly how will this work?

Pay by the hour?  Really?  This would take me many many hours to get it sorted out, even at the minimum wage that would get pricey for you. 

However being like I am, I would be inclined to come up with some ridiculously low build price, say £350 and spend weeks on it, forget about the minimum wage.  I suck at business. That to one side, I wonder:

Are you going to be requiring after build care too into the future?  How would that work?  A four hour drive up to yours and back +mileage before I even touch your multi-rotor?  Probably not.

How about if it crashes and you feel it was something that I did that caused it, would you come after me for compensation? How could I say it wasn't my fault even if the cause of the crash was user error.  :hmm:

The building of these things isn't the hard bit really, its configuring the flight controller and radio that is the hard part.

You will need to put in a lot of time learning how to operate it safely if you want any level of success with it and more importantly to avoid causing serious injury to yourself or others and damage to property.  These things aren't toys and neither can they be flown by people who don't know how they work.  They are dangerous, especially the one you have, its big and relatively heavy with 6 props.  Not good for a learner at all.

What is even harder than building them and setting them up is actually flying them!

Even if they are all automatic, you still need to really understand the different flight modes and what all your switches do.  GPS isn't 100% infallible either.  You should still be able to fly one by hand. 

Unless of course you are going to pay somebody to fly it for you too.....

I am seriously wondering how if you can't find the time to find out how to make it work yourself, why bother at all, to put it bluntly. 

Sure somebody else can build it and set it up for you but you will need to know how to do this yourself really in no time at all, hopefully before the first flight.

Its a bit unrealistic get your helper to step in every time you need to upgrade the firmware or change your radio's programming or whatever. 

So sorry to be critical of your plans but honestly do yourself a favor and figure this one yourself. 

We can all help you in this forum, you would have seen how this works here if you had followed some of the new posts or read some of the archives first before firing off your first posting.

Sure chucking hard cash at a problem often get its fixed but sometimes its not the right approach.

GdlookinMinger, so sorry if this derails your Christmas spending plans but honestly I would walk away from this one.  It seems well dodgey to me.

That said, that's why I am skint and unemployable.  Too cynical by far.

:popcorn:

• #9 by GdLookinMingeR on 01 Nov 2017
  • To be fair it was not about the money for me, more getting a fellow flyer in the air!
    lets be honest, sometimes we can all hit a build brick wall.

I have especially building my first nun chuck gyro flight controller following Davids Guide / Instructions :o

I will make a visit and see if just a bit of advice and support is needed.
    It does seem like someone was advised on high spec kit for sales purpose!

Lets hope not!
    Jay

• #10 by rapidlaser on 13 Nov 2017
  • I am skint and unemployable.  Too cynical by far........ I am in a similar position to the poster that needs help, I don’t think you realise it is more about confidence than capability, I have raced motorcycles and jet skis, I flew RC helis and indeed used to teach novices to fly and helped them with builds and initial set up, once they saw their heli fly it filled them with confidence. With regard to payment, it’s not that difficult, one would agree on an hourly rate, I doubt the poster would be posting if he couldn’t afford to pay, all your post does is discourage people from helping, I bet you are a right bundle of laughs to go flying with. ;)
  • #11 by Two-Six on 14 Nov 2017
  • I bet you are a right bundle of laughs to go flying with. ;)

Ouch! you got me there.  :o 

The winky doesn't help mitigate the unnecessary assault. 

You're right of course, you would hate me.

No replies to your post yet? Even although you have had 65 views already.   :hmm:

My post here to "davgta10" applies to you too "rapidlaser", like davgta10, its a shame you both obviously didn't read any forum postings first before you posted your requests.

all your post does is discourage people from helping

I disagree, there is a difference between "helping" and "working for".  Payment being THE BIG THING that changes the relationship between people from friendly helping to a commercial partnership, with all the nonsense that entails. 

After providing a PC/Laptop helper service to a couple of thousand customers since 1998 I know all about the nature of such commercial arrangements and how "customers" can be.  A potential nightmare.  That's why I am cynical about these requests for paid "help" to build my "DRONE".

Anyhow, good luck with getting your "drones" built. :shrug:
  • #12 by Two-Six on 14 Nov 2017
  • Furthermore
    I don’t think you realise it is more about confidence than capability

Really?

No. It's about capability.  However capability means nothing these days, it's all about front, bullsh*t and self-delusion.   

That's why there are so many totally incompetent but supremely confidant people working in almost every aspect of life these days.
  • #13 by hoverfly on 14 Nov 2017
  • Furthermore
    Really?

No. It's about capability.  However capability means nothing these days, it's all about front, bullsh*t and self-delusion.   

That's why there are so many totally incompetent but supremely confidant people working in almost every aspect of life these days.

You noticed that.  :o....it seems every day I go out I'm confronted by some dingle  bo££ocks makes me  :sick:
  • #14 by VaNDAL_UK on 16 Nov 2017
  • I did warn GdLookinMingeR via PM.

Even if no money changes hands the fact you touched it and / or changed something means you are responsible for everything that goes wrong from there on out. Specially if money is involved. Even if 1p is exchanged you now own every single problem that happens!

As Two-Six states from working in IT you have to cynical (myself too for 20 + years). You have to be prepared for the (potential) random calls / emails / texts. Random questions on a Sunday night at 10:00pm. (Hay buddy, I got a problem with my drone / PC can you help) and here's the kicker!!! After a while they'll start the conversation with: " just a quick one" "this won't take long" or the pinnacle saying as you are working out the job, finalising or while you are actually working... "while your doing that can you just fix..." Sends me into instant critical mass!! :banghead:

If OP wants to get into this hobby he has to meet us half way, otherwise we may as well fly it for him as well.
  • #15 by Bajadre on 16 Nov 2017
  • ill fly it for him but I charge per hour lol  :laugh:

a lot of grey areas on doing work like this tbf one of the forums I use the guys do this but not through the forums so no come backs etc

Tbh am not the best at soldering either,but when I ask one of the lads for help he brings his gear round and lets me have a go and carefully watches me,done a few jobs on mine now feel a lot more confident doing it and have a iron wrapped for xmas already etc  ~~

a lot of us forget how hard is it when starting this hobby not just the building but the setting up and then flying aspects,alot you have to learn yourself, luckily theres tons of vids and great forums like this online to get updated on.
  • #16 by GdLookinMingeR on 16 Nov 2017
  • Went along and met David the OP he admitted he was very interested in the hobby and was advised to buy the best that money can buy. He was sold a Helipal Tarot Hex Kit, retracts. Naza Kit, etc and all at a top price! even down to a 8000Mah 6S battery.

Really nice kit - he had built most of it and just needed some configuration advice and soldering tips.
    what goes where and how do I questions.

Hopefully next week he will be in the air (Maiden) and flying responsibly with a good understanding of the rules.
    Jay
  • #17 by rapidlaser on 19 Nov 2017

• Ouch! you got me there.  :o 

The winky doesn't help mitigate the unnecessary assault. 

You're right of course, you would hate me.

No replies to your post yet? Even although you have had 65 views already.   :hmm:

My post here to "davgta10" applies to you too "rapidlaser", like davgta10, its a shame you both obviously didn't read any forum postings first before you posted your requests.

I disagree, there is a difference between "helping" and "working for".  Payment being THE BIG THING that changes the relationship between people from friendly helping to a commercial partnership, with all the nonsense that entails. 

After providing a PC/Laptop helper service to a couple of thousand customers since 1998 I know all about the nature of such commercial arrangements and how "customers" can be.  A potential nightmare.  That's why I am cynical about these requests for paid "help" to build my "DRONE".

Anyhow, good luck with getting your "drones" built. :shrug:

Nice of you to reply, it's a tricky subject for sure, I wouldn't want to take advantage of someones kindness hence the offer to pay for someones time, we all like reward don't we? Don't shops charge for this service? Are there not freelancers that do this sort of thing? In my profession we are always paying freelancers to do work for us so I didn't think it would be offensive to offer to pay someone for their time, people are so fickle. :beer2:
Pages:
Actions