Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by apollo7 on 23 Oct 2017
  • so i have bought some silly planes, falcon 1340 and wing wing z84, plus a micro skyhunter (munter) but just ordered a HK ranger 1600 fpv, this is the pusher powered glider made by Volantex, the updated Raptor
  • #2 by Bad Raven on 23 Oct 2017
  • Quite a list!

I have just received today the near half priced offer H-King F-16 Falcon Jet EPO 64mm 3S EDF sports 670mm (26") PNP Version.

Guess why.......................it';s pretty rubbish!!

It will be fixable, but the standard of build is atrocious:-

1. Nose Steering servo jammed and stalling, cannot be reached to repair easily (I was going to hand or bungee launch anyway so no problem to me)

2. Taileron shafts do not fit ply "bearing holes" in Fuselage, holes too small.

3. One shaft bearing pair really badly aligned (should NEVER have cleared even the most basic QC!!)  and will have to be cut n'; shut, in fact I will change the shaft "bearings" for carbon tube and make a much better more free unit.

The mouldings are actually quite good fits are OK and no mould pips around
  • #3 by shawdreamer on 23 Oct 2017
  • #4 by Bad Raven on 24 Oct 2017
  • #5 by apollo7 on 24 Oct 2017
  • Engaging tongue in cheek mode...................... Typical Brit modeller response, accept anything!  ::)  GRIN............

The price is immaterial, they were selling a product as Plug N Play at their own chosen price point and without qualification it had to be of "merchantable quality" to be that. It was not advertised as seconds, ex-returns, sub-standard, QC reject, Dust n Scratch, etc, etc.

If they choose to drop the price to "get rid", the fact remains that by definition the "Plug n Play" process does not include for lengthy dismantling and redesigning of the main control features, possible though that is. The kit would have been a better start point given the faults.

So, what I expected, iffy or not (and I';m as cynical as most, if not more so!) was not relevant.

I submitted a claim. I sent them photos, I even explained that I had fixed a couple of the issues before finding the nose servo jammed with the inaccessible mechanism buried in excess glue and the extreme asymmetric offset to the taileron bearings (One 10 degrees more that the other!!) once I had made the parts fit as the taileron control shafts were .75mm bigger than the bearing holes).

They have readily agreed with me it was sub-standard as it was within an hour authorised and sent for settlement to the UK Warehouse.

BACK TO O.P. - How';s your assemblies going?  Please report what you find and how they fly!

The Falcon is about built, just needs an RX and things plugging in then cg sorting, the wing wing is built and needs a servo replacing as the pair of new tower pro are not playing ball, spares have arrived, the micro skyhunter has arrived today, looks nice and the ranger arrives in a day or so..................lots of stuff to crash  :laugh:
  • #6 by apollo7 on 28 Oct 2017
  • #7 by hoverfly on 28 Oct 2017
  • Blow moulded fuse is good, I have the Phoenix 2mtr with same and it';s tough.
    I skinned the wings with ultra light glass with Eze kote water soluble resin, its a lot easier than polyester or epoxy.  This has stiffened them up and made them ding proof.
    No more rips on the leading edge from weed stems.
  • #8 by apollo7 on 28 Oct 2017
  • Blow moulded fuse is good, I have the Phoenix 2mtr with same and it';s tough.
    I skinned the wings with ultra light glass with Eze kote water soluble resin, its a lot easier than polyester or epoxy.  This has stiffened them up and made them ding proof.
    No more rips on the leading edge from weed stems.

I might get some extra tough clear packing tape and just tape up leading edge of wings, but not a lot of weeds where i will fly it, goal posts are more of a problem
  • #9 by apollo7 on 13 Nov 2017
  • I actually maidened the wing wing today, still think this would be better on 2s with a lighter motor, but i did get it in the air for a short flight before i got right and left mixed up and then had to go climbing in the scrubs of a slope, good to finally get one in the air  ;)
  • #10 by DarkButterfly on 13 Nov 2017
  • Nice one ~~

I took my Falcon up today, still flies like a champ even though its bearing a few crash marks :laugh:
  • #11 by apollo7 on 14 Nov 2017
  • Nice one ~~

I took my Falcon up today, still flies like a champ even though its bearing a few crash marks :laugh:

My falcon is nearly ready for its first crash, should be a little more forgiving than the wing wing, ordering a small high KV motor and some 2s lipo`s to tame the wing wing down a little, also need to change the rates as low was to low and high to high, all trial an error
  • #12 by Bad Raven on 14 Nov 2017
  • Flew my Falcon for the first time today, but I'm talking F16.......................  :laugh:
Pages:
Actions