User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: Still have a couple of orange tipple batts still working,   mainly part time... ::)
    July 16, 2018, 16:42:16
  • Bad Raven: The difference being most will not deliver the power but wil not be trashed in trying!
    July 16, 2018, 16:12:57
  • Kellarly: hehe, nothing changes there then!
    July 16, 2018, 09:26:19
  • Bad Raven: Is the issue Turnigy or Turnigy Nano-Tech? I have found that mid-blue Turnigy tend to be low on their stated "C" discharge rating.
    July 16, 2018, 08:37:09
  • ched999uk: RaceDayQuads have some cheap but good batts out now. Josh B tested and stats say very good especially at price. HobbyRC have 1300mAh 4S just under £20. Not had luck with Turnigy lipos either!!
    July 15, 2018, 22:48:51
  • Reman: Just realised that I hadn't gone through my stored Li-Po's for about a month. I try to visually check them every Saturday, And prod the plugs with a multimeter about once a month. Todays seen 12 more bulging packs go out to the incinerator..... All but one was a bloody Turnigy! Part of me wan't to burn the rest now and just get a load more Tattu packs, But I've spent good money on these packs and wan't to at least get a little more use out of them. :(
    July 15, 2018, 19:54:53
  • Bad Raven: Pre MR's I used to buy a lot from J.Perkins. Their website showed all items and stock or due date, go to dealer and buy with confidence. Then they went all "lifestyle" and all the site had were pictures or people. I wasn't after people. I never bought again. Yes, you'd think they'd learn...........
    July 15, 2018, 17:51:40
  • ched999uk: Reman sounds like amazon search. I find it ok unitil you want to search by price then amazon falls apart.... You would think both companies would get it right...
    July 15, 2018, 16:54:55
  • Reman: It's strange. The original setup they had about 5 or 6 years back wasn't too bad (Except for them occasionally getting accounts hacked), But they changed it to the last one that was clunky and slow, Now they've replaced that with a flashier one that's also clunky and slow ?!?!?! Most companies learn from what they do wrong. I don't buy from HK half as much as I used to, Mainly because it takes forever to trawl through 100 pages of totally unrelated stuff while looking for something you were thinking about getting when you saw it there the previous week !!!
    July 15, 2018, 16:27:21
  • hoverfly: I don't think there is a search button on H/King. They updated the site and forgot to  relabel the search button with  Random bo##ocks..
    July 15, 2018, 09:47:35
  • Bad Raven: Agree - The Search is abysmal!!
    July 15, 2018, 08:40:52
  • Reman: I see HobbyKing's revamped their site again...... Shame they haven't made the search function work any better, Or worked out why the whole site goes slower than a pensioner in a Nissan Micra. :)
    July 15, 2018, 08:28:14
  • Reman: How thick is Google? You buy something online, Then for the next week you get targeted adds for the item you've just got?!?! That's the one item you're NOT going to be buying again at that point so it's wasted effort of there part. :)
    July 14, 2018, 08:50:51
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    July 13, 2018, 23:56:20
  • Kellarly: as does my ability not to realise what i've already typed
    July 13, 2018, 22:25:42
  • Kellarly: Wahooo, my whoop now lives!
    July 13, 2018, 22:25:19
  • Kellarly: yay, the whoop lives!!!
    July 13, 2018, 22:18:43
  • DarkButterfly: Had to replace the battery connector
    July 12, 2018, 10:57:47
  • Kellarly: good work! what was up with it?
    July 12, 2018, 10:39:33
  • DarkButterfly: Fixed my tiny6
    July 12, 2018, 10:23:59

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Can anyone recommend me some quadcopter for beginners?  (Read 322 times)

Offline JackieWashington

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Can anyone recommend me some quadcopter for beginners?
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:14:29 »
Hello everyone. I am a beginner in the drones field. I am looking for a quadcopter that is suitable for beginners, so I can learn flying drones. Please, if you have some recommendations write to me.

Thank you,
Jackie

Offline iRobot

• Liked: 607
  • Leftover parts are just proof you made it better..
Re: Can anyone recommend me some quadcopter for beginners?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:46 »
Hi Jackie, what are you fancying having a go at, taking vids and photos, or something with a bit of speed to whizz around with ?
You can spend 20- 30 quid on a little hubsan to play with round the house and see if you like, or spend £1000+ on a mavic pro or a big self build camera ship or a racing drone .
 To give a recommendation, we'd need to know what your budget is :smiley:

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 602
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:32:05 »
Also, do you want to fly Line of Sight (LOS) looking at the model, or First Person View (FPV) using a screen or headset/goggles to fly looking from the model?

For a raw beginner (and beyond for fun) the Hubsan 107 (X4), or the Eachine E010.  The Eachine is probably the better one being ducted prop and easier to fit a FPV micro set up. Search Banggood for that model and its near relatives E013, etc.

For less than £50 you can have a flying LOS and FPV quad/Transmitter and headset. A few extra batteries and this will get you going esp during the winter weather when indoor flying is preferable or the only thing possible.

Start here:-

The Eachine E010 Quad,  This is the basic Quad, Transmitter, one battery and USB charger, to which an extra cost camera can be added (requires soldering,etc)

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html

The batteries (subject to hopefully short term delivery issues) are

https://www.banggood.com/5PCS-Eachine-E010-E010C-E011-E013-3_7V-260MAH-45C-Lipo-Battery-USB-Charger-Sets-p-1205884.html

The slightly better quad with camera fitted (and an additional “with screen” option) is

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E013-Micro-FPV-Racing-Quadcopter-With-5_8G-1000TVL-40CH-Camera-VR006-VR-006-3-Inch-Goggles-p-1182628.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

If you can afford it the "with screen option" is a good deal just to get going and decide if you want to progress to more costly gear.

Offline Reman

• Liked: 180
  • Fly, Crash, Rebuild, Repeat.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 14:43:18 »
As a first "line of sight" quad the E010 is pretty good. It's ridiculously stable, but once you hit the mode button a couple of times it's fast enough to be entertaining indoors..... Though personally I'd go for the E011 instead. These quads are the same size, But the E011 uses 7mm motors rather than the E010's 6mm motors. Take off the silly lego man to save weight (And increase flight times) and it's a very capable little brushed quad.... www.banggood.com/Eachine-E011-Mini-2_4G-Headless-Mode-With-60000RPM-716-Coreless-Motor-Toy-Brick-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1135724.html
The E011 also wins out because if you decide to have a go at flying it FPV (Fitting a little camera and video transmitter to it) it's got enough extra power over the E010 to still fly well. The E010 can struggle on anything other than a full battery to climb with a camera on top.
As an added bonus, Both the E010 and E011 cost peanuts, So if you get one and decide the hobby's not for you then you've not shelled out a hell of a lot to find that out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 14:50:59 by Reman »
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.