Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 6705russell on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hi all
    I am currently building a Tarot 650 sport, my current set up is a DJI F550 mated with Futaba 10J and sbus receiver and Naza V2, my plan was to remove the receiver, connect to the Naza lite and off we go? I am just getting flashing red light and when I plug into the pc the software says its in failsafe?  Do I need to change transmitter settings for the Naza lite?

Any help appreciated..
  • #2 by Bernserker1 on 11 Oct 2017
  • I don't know about your hardware but if you are using cleanflight this video might be of interest for you as failsafe is either activated if there is a problem with signals between either flight control and receiver or the transmitter and the receiver.

Are you also in failsafe if you connect the drone to your computer without a battery connect to the drone? If not you could then find out witch signals do not get through or might have a problem

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• #3 by 6705russell on 11 Oct 2017
  • Sorry, I have naza flight controller?  What is cleanflight?
  • #4 by DarkButterfly on 11 Oct 2017
  • Have you set the receiver type to SBUS in the assistant software?, also run radio calibration in the assistant software and check stick/switch ranges, especially the flight mode switch, you may have to adjust your endpoints on the Tx for the flight mode switch.
  • #5 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Hi
    Yes set to SBUS, cannot run the calibration because even though it is connected to the software it says it is in failsafe mode and wont let me do anything, a little box comes up with config error?
    I followed a youtube video on how to set the transmitter up with end points and failsafes but still not working?
  • #6 by ched999uk on 12 Oct 2017
  • Fash red flashing is usually either low battery or poor calibration. So make sure you do the 'naza dance' and check your battery voltage first. Then plug into assistant and see what issues it is saying it has (I think bottom right of the window).
  • #7 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Appreciate the replies, the battery is fully charged, what would I need to do about the poor calibration, make sure the transmitter settings/end points are all norrmal?
  • #8 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • So do the transmitter settings differ between the naza v2 and the naza lite? (Obviously i understand the rotor type and gains would be different)
  • #9 by Gav on 12 Oct 2017
  • So starting from the assistant software again....
    When connected to the USB and everything ON ypu get green light on the Naza v2 remote led usb box?

When you move the sticks on the transmitter can see corresponding movements on the RC channel monitor page?

Can you select your flight modes with your transmitter flight mode switch and view correct mode active on the assistant software?  Is it borderline and sometimes activating failsafe which would mean altering end stops on your tx flight mode chanel.
    Can you override flight mode and highlight failsafe on the assistant software with what ever switch it is programmed to on the transmitter?

PS my photo shows ppm receiever. I know you're on SBUS

Do you get blue flashing comms light flickering on the assistant software (bottom left)

Hope you find the issue
    Gav
  • #10 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Hi Gav

When you move the sticks on the transmitter can see corresponding movements on the RC channel monitor page? - No they are all black and do not move

Can you select your flight modes with your transmitter flight mode switch and view correct mode active on the assistant software?  Is it borderline and sometimes activating failsafe which would mean altering end stops on your tx flight mode chanel. No
    Can you override flight mode and highlight failsafe on the assistant software with what ever switch it is programmed to on the transmitter? No

PS my photo shows ppm receiever. I know you're on SBUS

Do you get blue flashing comms light flickering on the assistant software (bottom left) No, it flashes red and next to Mode it says "failsafe"
  • #11 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • I have changed all the settings on the Windows 10 to get the naza software working but it seems there is something on the transmitter holding it in failsafe? When I switch from model 1 to 2 I do not have to rebind the receiver do I?
  • #12 by Gav on 12 Oct 2017
  • I guess you have a Green light on the receiver to show that it is bound correctly to your transmitter?

check the sbus connection to the Naza - is it reversed?

is it a Naza v2 or Naza lite modified to run Naza V2 firmware?

can you update or check the firmware on the Naza is up to date using the assistant?
  • #13 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Yes receiver is all good, checked each speed controller direct so I know that is all right, sbus only seems to slot in one way anyway, It is a Naza lite standard and as the latest firmware.
  • #14 by ched999uk on 12 Oct 2017
  • sbus only seems to slot in one way anyway,
    While it might only slot in one way is it the correct way? It is not unknown for the plugs to be put on wrong!
    I assume you have set up the type of rx in Assistant to sbus?
  • #15 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Ok will check that one later, can you tell me what colours should be top to bottom on the Naza, is it signal, ground, positive top to bottom?
  • #16 by ched999uk on 12 Oct 2017
  • I believe +5v goes at the bottom ( as long as naza sticker on top) bottom is where the thin bit of the plug is.
    0v is middle ad signal top.

Hope that helps?
    Ignore the above it is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SORRY
  • #17 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • Are you sure? As the lead comes out of the pmu the ground is at the top, 5v in the middle and signal at the bottom?
  • #18 by 6705russell on 12 Oct 2017
  • What I can't get my head round is that I am taking the receiver out of a fully operational f550, installing with the naza lite and it just does not see it for some reason?
  • #19 by ched999uk on 12 Oct 2017
  • Are you sure? As the lead comes out of the pmu the ground is at the top, 5v in the middle and signal at the bottom?
    Really Sorry.
    You are quite right Signal at btm, 5V middle 0v at top.
  • #20 by Bernserker1 on 13 Oct 2017
  • Sorry, I have naza flight controller?  What is cleanflight?
    Ah sorry. Cleanflight is a program to control your drone settings with. Never mind if you don't use it for your flight controller

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• #21 by 6705russell on 13 Oct 2017
  • What I cannot get me head round is this, on some sites it says to start with all settings on the transmitter normal/zeroed and in the below link it says to set up all sort of mixes etc?

http://pcessflight.com/raw/FUTABA_TJ10_Installation.pdf

• #22 by ched999uk on 13 Oct 2017
  • I have not used any mixes at all. Don't think its necessary.

Have you managed to get tx talking to Naza?
  • #23 by 6705russell on 13 Oct 2017
  • No transmitter wont talk to Naza, continually flashing red and says its in Failsafe in the Naza assistant....
  • #24 by ched999uk on 13 Oct 2017
  • OK so if you disconnect everything from naza other than power can you connect with the assistant? If so on the rx tab do the values all seem in the middle?
    Seems really weird for it to be in failsafe mode when it wont connect to rx.
    Is it worth trying to reflash the FW (not actually sure you can)?
    Maybe have a look on the Flight Controller section, there are a couple of stickies that tell you haw to update the FW to the Full Naza which has much better position hold. That might be a way to overwrite the existing FW.
    I assume you know this naza lite works? i.e. it wasnt bought of ebay from a seller who said it was working?
  • #25 by 6705russell on 13 Oct 2017
  • It was a brand new boxed/packaged unit bought off ebay so I can only assume it is brand new and works, I have a Tarot ZYX-M unit, might give that a go?
Pages:
Actions