Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Icefever on 10 Oct 2017
  • Hi..

I've been reading up on here, watching some of the vid's on the tube over the last few months.  Today I received my first drone, a Syma x5sc to learn on and crash and try again.  ;)

It only arrived about an hour ago, but I got it out the box, and as there was a small amount in the battery I had to have a go indoors.

Just a little hover in the living room,  no more than a foot high, and a little tour around the floor, much to the amusement of my better half.  I've got a long way to go, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, I do drive a 44-ton truck after all.  :sweating:

I'm sure I'll be doing a load more reading and watching vids,  also the odd questions.  :cool:
  • #2 by Wyntrblue on 10 Oct 2017
  • Hiya. Welcome
  • #3 by apollo7 on 10 Oct 2017
  • welcome to the madhouse/slippery slope...........it starts with an X5, then a self build then a Phantom then a big hex, then a 250 racer  :laugh: have fun
  • #4 by Andy7 on 10 Oct 2017
  • I think you're gonna have a LOT of fun! Welcome to the forum  :beer2:
  • #5 by Icefever on 11 Oct 2017
  • welcome to the madhouse/slippery slope...........it starts with an X5, then a self build then a Phantom then a big hex, then a 250 racer  :laugh: have fun

Funny you should say that....I've been reading up on the kit side of drones.
    As I love tinkering with stuff like this l can see that as a project.

I think you're gonna have a LOT of fun! Welcome to the forum  :beer2:

Andy
    Does the "LOT" of fun have anything to do with the advert that follows your post????    :wack0    :crossfingers:
  • #6 by DarrellW on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hi Icefever, I guess you're soon going to get DAS (Drone Acquisition Syndrome), it's no good trying to resist it just happens and boy does your bank account and plastic know about it ::)
    A decent start, Syma make decent toy grade models, once you get the hang of it you're going to want something more serious; first decide what you want to do with it - Race or Aerial photography or just generally whizzing about and then ask advice - good advice will be freely given, you're in the right place!
  • #7 by Bajadre on 11 Oct 2017
  • Welcome to MRUK Icefever  :beer2:
  • #8 by Icefever on 11 Oct 2017
  • Hi Icefever, I guess you're soon going to get DAS (Drone Acquisition Syndrome), it's no good trying to resist it just happens and boy does your bank account and plastic know about it ::)
    A decent start, Syma make decent toy grade models, once you get the hang of it you're going to want something more serious; first decide what you want to do with it - Race or Aerial photography or just generally whizzing about and then ask advice - good advice will be freely given, you're in the right place!

Bugger...I think I've already got the dreaded DAS... :sick:  ain't no cure then guys??? sh*t my better half going to kill me. :help:
Pages:
Actions