Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jakalas on 09 Oct 2017
  • 4 hours search for the GoPro...

• #2 by Bad Raven on 09 Oct 2017
  • I lost a Mobius in similar way, not recovered.

I had it securely strapped down to its soft mounting plate, and had cable ties through every one of the four resilient buffers to the main frame.

I didn';t hit anything, either.  :banghead:

It came off taking the plate and three of the four buffers by shearing the cable ties and must have fallen somewhere in the outfield to my club field, at the time long grass for hay fodder, much tangled by wind.

Days later they were cropping the hay, so I mentioned it. One guy laughed, and said he';s lost his phone years ago climbing in and out of the tractor.  It reappeared two years plus later out of a hay bale at the stables!  They said they';d ask the horses to keep a watch for it!!!  :rofl:
  • #3 by Two-Six on 09 Oct 2017
  • How about firmly attaching a couple of meters of brightly coloured ribbon to you Go-Pro, rolled up with the end loosely attached to the quad.  If it does become detached the ribbon will un-roll and stream behind the camera.  It should make it much easier to find. 

I can';t decide if it would be best to loosely attach the ribbon to the quad or firmly attach it.... It might be better if a way-ward camera can easily detach from the quad so it won';t affect it flying..or would it be better to have it well connected to the quad......  :hmm:

I am going to do this to my runcam anyway.  I almost lost it once after a crash, it pinged off into some long grass and it was very hard to find.
  • #4 by Andy7 on 09 Oct 2017
  • Nice flying and a really nice spot too - loads of variety.
  • #5 by Jakalas on 09 Oct 2017
  • How about firmly attaching a couple of meters of brightly coloured ribbon to you Go-Pro, rolled up with the end loosely attached to the quad.  If it does become detached the ribbon will un-roll and stream behind the camera.  It should make it much easier to find. 

I can';t decide if it would be best to loosely attach the ribbon to the quad or firmly attach it.... It might be better if a way-ward camera can easily detach from the quad so it won';t affect it flying..or would it be better to have it well connected to the quad......  :hmm:

I am going to do this to my runcam anyway.  I almost lost it once after a crash, it pinged off into some long grass and it was very hard to find.

I';m opting to have the next TPU mount printed from high vis material. The ribbon idea is solid. Will have a look how to implement that.

Nice flying and a really nice spot too - loads of variety.

Thank you Andy7. Yes the spot is fantastic.
  • #6 by Elmattbo on 09 Oct 2017
  • #7 by Bad Raven on 09 Oct 2017
  • I have used orange fluorescent self adhesive Solartrim as a covering so the case is more visible.
  • #8 by Lamaule on 09 Oct 2017
  • Personally I make a point of avoiding twigs!  :frantic: - No smart remarks please!  :cool:
  • #9 by Gav on 10 Oct 2017
  • Crash at 2:35 for those who can';t wait hehe.

Unlucky you didn';t see the red flashing light after  4 mins. Airing cuboard job for a few days.

Smooth flying cheers.
  • #10 by Jakalas on 10 Oct 2017
  • Personally I make a point of avoiding twigs!  :frantic: - No smart remarks please!  :cool:

I prefer twigs to stone walls  :laugh:

Crash at 2:35 for those who can';t wait hehe.

Unlucky you didn';t see the red flashing light after  4 mins. Airing cuboard job for a few days.

Smooth flying cheers.

Cheers Gav.
    The red LED did not help much to be honest. The picture shows the view when I found it. Hint: It';s dead centre of the photo.
    Funny enough it was the Session font on the side of the GoPro that got my attension in the end.
    <br /><br />
  • #11 by Bajadre on 10 Oct 2017
  • good eyes matey id still be looking lol  :laugh:
  • #12 by Lamaule on 10 Oct 2017
  • I prefer twigs to stone walls  :laugh:

Cheers Gav.
    The red LED did not help much to be honest. The picture shows the view when I found it. Hint: It';s dead centre of the photo.
    Funny enough it was the Session font on the side of the GoPro that got my attension in the end.
    <br /><br />

That was a smart remark!
  • #13 by Jakalas on 11 Oct 2017
Pages:
Actions