Pages:
Actions
  • #2701 by sh0wtime on 18 Sep 2017
  • Just some LiPo bags to help contain the heat should they decide to cook off at some point
    Happened in a buddys garage & it made a right mess  :blink

my red FC for my SCX Redback build & a set of the blue Cobra 2450';s in case i ever want to add blue to a build  :rolleyes: :whistling:
  • #2702 by CornishMule on 18 Sep 2017
  • Just some LiPo bags to help contain the heat should they decide to cook off at some point
    Happened in a buddys garage & it made a right mess  :blink

Were his batteries charging at the time? Or just spontaneously go off? Any sign of damage to them before they went? always nervous about LiPos.
  • #2703 by sh0wtime on 19 Sep 2017
  • they were charging at the time as far as i can remember. it was about 5 years or so ago...
    the guy chaging them was an experienced RC operator as at the time he was Craig Dreschers mechanic, it was Craigs gear that got burned!

personally i';m not frightened of LiPo';s. been using them for years without issue but since i';ve recently bought 11 or so soft cased LiPo';s i';m thinking it would be a good idea to add a little flameproof barrier between me & them as i generally store them indoors  :whistling:

i won';t put them in the cupboard under the stairs as i have around 7 gallons of 25% Nitro fuel in there already  :blink :whistling:
  • #2704 by Bad Raven on 19 Sep 2017
  • Today Mr Parcelforce brought a HK Euro order for LiPos. I';d used Euro as UK OOS for a while.

3 of 3 Cell 2200mAh 60C 120C surge.

As usual each had packaging carefully opened, visual inspection and check inc wire security at plugs. Then, straight onto cell checker.

1 pack found to have Cell 2 at zero volts.

New territory for me after many many OK orders, a Warranty Claim!  (requesting replacement not refund)

Received batteries @ 15:45, Claim with photos 16:20, Inspected, Authorised, and Passed for Settlement within 30 minutes.

I';ll keep you informed, but so far nothing adverse to say.

• #2705 by Bad Raven on 20 Sep 2017
  • Today Mr Parcelforce brought a HK Euro order for LiPos. I';d used Euro as UK OOS for a while.

3 of 3 Cell 2200mAh 60C 120C surge.

As usual each had packaging carefully opened, visual inspection and check inc wire security at plugs. Then, straight onto cell checker.

1 pack found to have Cell 2 at zero volts.

New territory for me after many many OK orders, a Warranty Claim!  (requesting replacement not refund)

Received batteries @ 15:45, Claim with photos 16:20, Inspected, Authorised, and Passed for Settlement within 30 minutes.

I';ll keep you informed, but so far nothing adverse to say.

So, I';d fully expected a further exchange over this, even though I had indicated how I wanted it resolved, but not so. Further Email arrived here stating very sorry for issues and replacement sent.

So far so good then.
  • #2706 by atomiclama on 22 Sep 2017
  • Hopefully this will not burn out like me LB20 did.

<br /><br />

• #2707 by Saleem on 23 Sep 2017
  • 4x dys 1407 4300,quite nice motors to look at and feel,i teresting to see how they shape up to racestar and brotherhobby 1407 (got these versions already)
     :smiley:

• #2708 by sh0wtime on 25 Sep 2017
  • I got some tips (for the iron) & some solder.
    kinda still a bit stuck til the iron gets here  :shrug:
  • #2709 by Bad Raven on 25 Sep 2017
  • So, the replacement battery from HK for the one with a 0v cell 2 (see my previous posts if not aware) arrived last week.  And.......... it had one cell (No3) down at 2.2v    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

MMM, what now, do I claim, or do I try inform they have a batch issue and maybe agree to try recover it back OK,

SO, I tried to contact via their RMA but kept getting a website error message about no post record found, claim not processed. Tried three times, the last even shutting PC down and coming back in, same error, it just would not action the form entry.

Or so I thought.  :confused:

Today I get a claim authorised post  with a note "sorry you have had so much trouble".   :shrug:

Assuming the error messages were terminal and I';d get no further, over the weekend I slowly recovered the battery cell back to over 3.5v on NIMH trickle charge (outdoors and watching it), then put on the balancer (again outside) till it balanced, then charged it the rest of the way. It ended this balanced within 2mV.  Since then I have hovered a quad with it down to 3.7v and then balance charged it normally at 1C, and its sitting on my desk charged and in balance to 3mV, so I suppose this one has been recovered.

SO, I await events with interest.......................  :popcorn: :popcorn:    .....................even if you all don';t!   :rofl:

• #2710 by insx on 27 Sep 2017
  • Props and motors for my tiny whoop build. I already have the frame, camera mount and F3 F/C, just waiting for the camera/tx now.
  • #2711 by Bad Raven on 27 Sep 2017
  • #2712 by shawdreamer on 27 Sep 2017
  • my lad uses one for flyalongs.

small, compact, light and surprisingly good signal pickup and screen clarity.

slap a clover or pagoda on it though, definitely does make a difference
  • #2713 by Bajadre on 04 Oct 2017
  • Got my TBS Anti-Slip Maintenance Mat from rchobby today  ~~ using it as a pc matt for my keyboard and mouse lol  :o  :laugh:
  • #2714 by Reman on 04 Oct 2017
  • #2715 by Bad Raven on 05 Oct 2017
  • #2716 by Reman on 05 Oct 2017
  • #2717 by shawdreamer on 12 Oct 2017
  • Some of these (2.4ghz rx aerial';s)
    <br />
    To fix the ones Id either ripped off during crashes or stupidly cut of with my own frames props like the one in the twinboard250 I just finished replacing...

Oh and finally these cute little things for the spark clone project, just waiting on the 4in1 esc now (christ these things are tiny)....
    <br />
  • #2718 by Andy7 on 12 Oct 2017
  • Something for the weekend.... two more 4s packs :)
  • #2719 by Icefever on 12 Oct 2017

• I';ve received a  4 x 800 mAh pack to help out this weekend also.. :frantic:
  • #2720 by apollo7 on 12 Oct 2017
  • My wing wing Z84 arrived yesterday............and i have nearly finished building it already, went together really well, very happy with it
  • #2721 by atomiclama on 12 Oct 2017
  • Charger
    Yeay no more 3hr charges.
  • #2722 by Hozza on 12 Oct 2017
  • Charger
    Yeay no more 3hr charges.

But which one?
  • #2723 by atomiclama on 12 Oct 2017
  • A big one.

<br /><br />

Opps my old charger was charging cell 4 to 4.25 V  :whistling: I now have a few packs that need sorting  :banghead:
  • #2724 by CornishMule on 17 Oct 2017
  • 1 x TrueD Furious Fatshark Module
    4 x Spedex 25A ESCs for the Wizard rebuild
    1 x Matek F405 FC for new 220 build
    1 x Matek PDB for new 220 build
    1 x Runcam Swift 2 for new 220 build
    1 x Matek VTX for new 220 build
  • #2725 by Saleem on 17 Oct 2017
  • Nowt!

He must have got blown away.
     :hmm:
  • #2726 by shawdreamer on 17 Oct 2017
  • a farmfoods leaflet
    a sunlife leaflet
    and a "we by mobile devices" leaflet

erm yer...... cheers for them fella ~~
  • #2727 by Bad Raven on 18 Oct 2017
  • #2728 by Bad Raven on 18 Oct 2017
  • a farmfoods leaflet
    a sunlife leaflet
    and a "we buy mobile devices" leaflet

So you can eat yourself silly, be well insured, and stop people annoying you on your mobile............................

RESULT.......................  ~~
  • #2729 by apollo7 on 18 Oct 2017
  • More a case of what the postman DID NOT bring......waiting for my Micro skyhunter to arrive and its well late, BG keep telling me to wait a few more days........ordered it 31 days back but they are telling me its within the 15-20 working day slot
  • #2730 by Bad Raven on 19 Oct 2017
  • More a case of what the postman DID NOT bring......waiting for my Micro skyhunter to arrive and its well late, BG keep telling me to wait a few more days........ordered it 31 days back but they are telling me its within the 15-20 working day slot

After a lot of orders which were OK, I recently had trouble with BG. I';d ordered a battery, then a week later ordered another.

Right at the end of the second one';s expected time slot it arrived, but the first one, by now overdue, was still AWOL.  After several "please wait a few more days", I challenged their process since I';d paid for Insurance and the tracking was definitely iffy with an extra 10 days delayed by China Post before it was allegedly forwarded (I think they lost it in China!).

It never did arrive, unlike one way back that finally got to me two months overdue with the label blackened and part unreadable looking like it had been skidding on a running belt for some considerable time.

The pleasures of international ordering...............................

At that they refunded me.

Recently I have had packages arrive from them by:-

Royal Mail from Sweden Post
    Royal Mail from Thailand
    MyHermes from Manchester (Yes, really, a Banggood order!)

LiPo always seem to take beyond their expected service times
Pages:
Actions